Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Africa Experience has come to an End

It's been a while now since I've come back from Africa and I've been meaning to update the site ever since then.

First and foremost I would like to express my huge appreciation to all those who supported my fundraising endeavours that made the volunteer experience so much more meaningful both for myself and for the kids. If you still wish to contribute to Njaaga's Child Hope Home please do so either via the paypal account that is set up or by getting in touch with me.

Secondly, it goes without saying, but the trip and the volunteer experience were both fantastic. I loved every minute of it and every time I flip through my photos I wish I could still be there. Some time in the near future I hope to be able to put together a slideshow presentation from the trip that will incorporate photos, videos and music from Africa.

Finally I leave with you a letter sent to me by James Njaaga in which he informs me (us) that they had to move out of the current orphanage which they were renting and that they are in the process of purchasing their own building. If you wish to contribute more directly this is another fantastic way of doing so:

Jambo Kasia,
How are you doing? it has been quite a while since we communicated but my prayer is that all is well. We are all fine here at Njaaga Child Hope and all the kids are doing great.

We remain truly thankful for your visit and your support both morally and materially. Your compassion and kindness has made a very big and positive impact on the lifes of these children.

I just needed to update you on some important and urgent developments at the children's home. The current premises that we are occupying was up for sale and it has now been sold. We have a period of upto 5 months to come up with alternative and hopefully a permanent shelter solution for the children. We are now looking at various other options and we have already indentified a suitable alternative which is within reach of the schools that the children attend. We are currently looking for ways and means of raising enough funds to put a deposit for this land and house which amounts to USD90000.

We have made great efforts to achieve this and I started off by selling a plot I had here in the city and together with the contributions of my wife Lucy and our safari business
www.planetkenyasafaris.com, we have raised USD20800.

We welcome your kind participation in this very challenging phase of our project. Any donations of any amount towards this can be done through the children's account which is:-
Njaaga Child Hope - Kenya Chapter
Kenya Commercial Bank - Moi Avenue
Account Number 234721640
Swift Code: KCBLKENX

God Bless you for all and please keep in touch.

Kind regards,
James Njaaga

5 Comments:

Blogger Spiros said...

Hello,
I also have been receiving emails from James in which he has been asking for donations. Instead of donating I decided to visit the orphanage again and was horrified at what I saw. James no longer provides for the children and has not contributed anything, not even wages for the workers since last December. He keeps asking for money but unfortunately he does not actually spend the money on the children but he instead keeps it for himself.
I have seen this and experienced it for myself.
Last year I sent an album full of photos of the children together with lots of goodies such as socks, ballons, etc and he, instead of passing them on to the children kept the album in his office and has given the socks to his own children. Lets just say I was horrified when I saw the album in his office so I just took it and showed it to the children. They were so happy to finally see the photos I took of them back in 2006
Sponsorhip money also does not even make it to them and he instead drags them along when he is on the road campaigning.

If anyone wishes to help the children, then please do so by visiting them your self.

Spiros

2:59 AM  
Blogger Njaaga Njau James said...

Jambo everybody who read what Spiro has said.How much have you ever contributed or sponsored ?thats for You to answer. you say I dont provide for the children.who pay their school fee,food.clothing. you only came in 2007 during the election and yes I was a Parliamentaly cadidate which is a part of my life as a man. when you were horrified, what change did you bring to the children? and since you left last year what have you done for the children? i am able to provide for my family and more, that is why i took the extra children to provide to them. you mention sponsors, who are they? Are you one of them? I struggle to pay school fees for twenty two children in high school, six in college. again feeding seventy eight children is not easy. unfortunately Mr Spious you have never raised a child and you dont know the pain of bringing up a child. if there is any sponsor feel free to put their names in this blog. and if somebody came once or twice like you and bought firewood as you did then i call them a one time donor.Sponsors have love and kindness,not jealous.conceited,pround,ill mannared,selfish or irritable. Love from God people dont keep a record of wrongs nor is it happy with evil,but with truth.Love never gives up.Its eternal.Its the kind of love that people who believe in the Lord should have to a fellow human beeing.You cannot give and take away a banana from a hungry Monkey and expect to be friend to it , it will bite.You cannot call yourself a Sponsor.Mr Spiro if you had a child and promised to supply food to her or him and all suddenly one morning stoped then I dont see what kind of a father you can make to be.If anybody has been raising money on behalf of children at www.njaagachildhope.or.ke then we aer yet to find out where they send the money collectend.email us at info@njaagachildhope.or.ke or njaagachild@africaonline.co.ke

9:14 AM  
Blogger Spiros said...

my oh my James,
last year you have visited the children twice in the whole year.
You paid the school fee because I called you and told you the fees were due and YOU had to pay them, not me.

It seems though that you are just an angry man expressing his anger and that is not healthy for you...

Do send me pvt email though

2:15 AM  
Blogger Spiros said...

I should also point out that you refuse to answer my emails and my questions about the parcel I sent my questions about why you don't visit the children and why the workers no longer get paid...

2:22 AM  
Blogger Njaaga Njau James said...

Spiro,I respect you for the two times you visited and your concern to these children but I will want you to spare me for one week,so that a go to a secret place for prayers.Last week we faced the hardest time in our seven years in the exitance of the children home.spiro spare me this week cause I am very Disturbed that the rich african's has no mercy for poor orphaned children.Neither the goverment of Kenya did not help.I say today the BRITISH COLONIAL GOVERMENT WAS better than what we have today
Nairobi star reported

a children's home at the centre of a land row between a former commissioner of police and a subukia politician was at the weekend set ablaze as armed administration policemen watched.

the arsonist threw a Molotov cocktail through a window of Njaaga children's home, starting a fierce fire that gutted the homes main building.

They moved to the boys dormitory, removed its roof and set it on fire, destroying everything in the building.
all this time armed adminstration policemen were at the scene and did nothing to stop the arsonists.
they only managed to arrest eight who said they were paid shilligs 150 each to set fire to the building and ensure there was nothing left of the home.
Nakuru north DC Francis Kimeu who arrived at the home six hours after the blaze had been put out, said the Nakuru police boss had misinformed him that all was well at the home established years ago by the subukia politician Njaaga Njau.
the home is on a property which borders kirengero police station and was reportedly sold to former police chief Duncan Wachira by the adminisrators of the estate of former Nairobi Provincial commissioner the late Fred Waiganjo.
Mutie expressed dismay at the mayhem and destruction on a building used by the orphans. the 3.00 am fire followed an earlier attempt to burn the home, which had been made by hired goons.
Mutie said Njaaga had been given four months notice to find an altanative site to put up the children's home. most of the children attend schools nearby.
mutie attributed the inaction to stop the destruction on the police.
The kirengero police boss told mutie she made an attempt to enter the farm but withdrew her officers for unclear reasons.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counters